Saturday April 19, 5:00 PM @ WPBC
Sunday April 20, 7:00 AM @ Weatherford College
Sunday April 20, 8:30, 10:00, 11:30 AM @ WPBC
Awana is fun with a purpose – to reach kids for Jesus Christ and train them to serve Him. The Awana Club at WPBC meets each Wednesday evening during the school year from 6:30 to 8:15 PM. We invite you to bring your child to our club meetings and experience the fun and invaluable rewards of learning God's Word for yourself!
The Cubbies Club is for 3 and 4 year old preschoolers. Games, puppets, crafts, awards and other activities transform our preschool program into a lively weekly experience where fun and learning go hand in hand. Bible-centered handbooks and club activities help your children begin to build a solid understanding of the basics of Christianity at an early age.
Our Cubbies Club is built on two premises; the fact that young children can and should receive spiritual training and that the home is the primary place for this spiritual training. Cubbies meet these needs through fun activities, friendly leaders, and foundational teaching.
The Cubbies Club is unique because it supports parents as the primary source of spiritual nurturing. By working directly with their child on the weekly handbook lessons, parents become active participants in their child's spiritual development. Your kids will reap immediate benefits from their involvement in this exciting program. Just look at what they will learn after only two years:
· Approximately 55 memory verses – and up to 120 additional verses if they complete our extra-credit curriculum
· Key basic truths about God, Jesus Christ, salvation and the Bible
· The gospel message and their need to trust Christ as Savior
Sparks (kindergarten - 2nd grade)
Sparks (Kindergarten through Second Grade)
Sparks, the Awana club for children in kindergarten through second grade, builds on the material taught in our Cubbies club. The aim of the curriculum is to take children a step deeper into God's Word while giving unsaved boys and girls regular opportunities to hear the gospel and come to faith in Jesus Christ. After being immersed in solid foundational teaching at the preschool level, boys and girls frequently come to an understanding of their need to trust Christ as their personal Savior while in Sparks.
Immersing kids in God's Word
The Sparks program is firmly grounded in Scripture. The three handbooks feature:
• Basic truths about God, Jesus Christ, salvation and the Bible
• An increased emphasis on Scripture memory over our preschool materials. In three years, a child will learn and review 68 verses, many of which cover salvation and key Christian doctrine
• Clear and consistent presentation of the gospel message
Fun + learning = results
Sparks club meetings combine learning with fun, to create an atmosphere of irresistible excitement for kids. Club meetings are divided into three segments:
• Bible teaching, worship, award presentations and the gospel message
• Small group interaction and completion of Bible-based lessons
• Age-appropriate games on the Awana game circle
Truth & Training (Third Grade through Sixth Grade)
The name “Truth & Training” reflects the passion of Awanas to teach third- through sixth-grade boys and girls the truth of God’s Word and to train them to follow Christ in their daily lives. Our goal is that many of today’s young people will become tomorrow’s church leaders. T&T is the program that trains the leaders of tomorrow — today.
Exciting features to get kids excited about God’s Word
T&T is equipped with a variety of dynamic tools to accomplish this mission:
• Four handbooks of increasing difficulty which teach children that life’s ultimate adventure is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
• A cast of fun characters that boys and girls learn from and follow on interesting journeys in the handbooks
• Weekly meetings that expose children to the gospel message, Scripture memory, Bible study, awards, team-oriented games and gut-busting fun
• A Bible-centered curriculum that helps kids build a firm foundation for their faith, hide God’s Word in their heart and apply the truths of Scripture to their daily lives
Evangelism and discipleship go hand in hand in our third- through sixth-grade program. By the time a child has completed T&T, he will have:
• Learned and reviewed approximately 310 verses
• Studied dozens of passages from the Old and New Testament
• Regularly heard and read the gospel message
• Discovered the Bible’s response to questions like “How does God want me to live my life?” and memorized verses to back up these answers
• Completed missions projects that help him see the world through God’s eyes.
Be a part of the fun! Come to AWANA on Wednesday nights!